Saturday, September 19, 2009

Got my butt kicked by 3 girls!

So the other day, 3 girls individually beat me up and knocked me out repeatedly.  It was embarassing.  My Kung-Fu skills were completely useless as they pounded me into unconsciousness.  It was my first experience at Nintendo Wii boxing, and my 8 year old beat me up several times.  My wife tried and also beat me up on her first try, and so my reluctant 10 year old, who wasn't even sure she wanted to fight but bested me with ease.



I don't quite get it.  I've never used a Wii before, and I don't own one (yet). Hoping to maybe get one as a family for Christmas. Anyway, I even tried switching controllers with my 8 year old, Emma, thinking that maybe it was the controller's fault. After all, how could Emma be beating me? Wasn't the controller. She still KOed me in the first round. I can only guess that the Wii responds better to wild flailing than to my attempt to use some Kung-Fu moves. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you think you know how I could improve my Wii boxing technique, let me know. I'd love some pointers.

1 comment:

  1. I COULD give you some pointers - but then you might beat me. ;) oh I saw some wii boxing gloves - maybe those would respond better to your non girly moves. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and comment - you know you want to.